Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WHY OH WHY?

Something I have realized among some certain friends is that our
relationship is so one sided. It is always me who does all of the
encouraging, all of the supporting, all of the work in these
friendships is the work that I put into it and I am getting quite sick
and tired of it. I feel like I am wasting my time. I am constantly
trying to be this nice guy to certain people, and I go out of my way
to be kind, generous, uplifting, encouraging, noticing change,
involved, and so much more--but all I ever get back is _______.
That's just it. It's not that I don't get anything back, I don't need
reward or immediate reciprocation of love, but honestly, I am getting
tired of friends who are too involved with themselves or others and
don't care to even be a good fellow in this community of friendship I
have around me. It's not that I don't get anything at all back, it's
that my love goes completely unnoticed.

Granted, this is a very small population of people I am so irritated
with, but it is still just so hard for me. I am just frustrated
because I feel like I have poured my heart out into a few, one in
particular, and got shafted in the whole situation. Silly girl.

0 comments: