The adventure begins for your humble narrator, Geoff Spencer. A Clockwork Orange allusions aside, for obvious reasons to anyone familiar with that film. I am equally excited for this new adventure, but I also meet it with that certain anxiety of which unfamiliarity always seems to bring me. Nevertheless (side note... nevertheless is one word which I find absolutely wonder)... nevertheless I will not be daunted by any fear. My excitement is tantamount to oxygen for my survival. My only prayer for myself is "God be with me."
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
THE ADVENTURE BEGINS
I have decided to start updating and writing this blog regularly. I will be simultaneously posting all my journal entries on blogger, facebook and myspace. It's not because I don't have a life, but rather because I enjoy the comments of inspiration and thought that people leave me. I find a lot of wisdom in the thoughts people have, so thanks to you, my partners, my contributors, my fellow adventurers.
Just eight days into 2008 I find myself at the end of the last-first day of school ever, or at least most likely. Its all coming to an end. I am ready to be done with classes, but I am not ready to finish learning and I am not ready to leave my friends and this crazy über-social lifestyle I live. I love my friends like I love my family, and I don't know what I could or will ever do without them. Right now I am listening to a song that sings "I will trust in you, whatever situation, I will trust in you." and while that may not sound epic it is really putting me into perspective. I am excited about that. Now I am listening to "take my life" which sings "take my will and make it thine, it shall be no longer thine, take my heart it is thy own, it shall be thy royal throne... here am I, all of me, take my life, its all for thee." Powerful, that is what this song is to me right now.
This is time for me to shine. I am gonna make this the best semester ever, and I hope you will join me in making this a reality.
I love you, and if you feel like I am about to go into crisis mode just give me a hug. Have a great day.
Posted by Geoff Spencer at 12:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment