I am surrounded by a world full of beauty, and for some reason my
heart cannot make up its mind whether or not it can appreciate such
wonder. Am I crazy? Or maybe just getting older.
I seem to remind myself every day that death ultimately ends this
experience we get, so I better be living it right. In the past it
made living seem so much more beautiful because I knew the futility of
our lives was like a flower's blossom. Yet now I find myself scared
to the end of my wits by the thought of death. The statistics are
staggering. One out of every... one... person is going to die. It is
inescapable.
You would think that something we have little control over wouldn't
affect me so greatly, but I would be lying to say it does not. So
while it scares me I do my best to keep God close to my heart--
remembering that this life is really nothing compared for the life I
was born to have in heaven. This optimism still spares what doubts I
do have however, and my mind is constantly trying to work it out.
I just keep thinking...
God is my shepherd
I won't be wanting, I won't be wanting.
He makes me rest, in fields of green
and quiet streams.
Life is beautiful. I find myself homesick for the beautiful place
that I came from, though I could hardly say I would have ever felt
this way when I was growing up there. I miss fog, rainy days, damp
air, and dense mists. For some reason I felt so alive in those
conditions. They were beautiful because they enhanced my life with an
enriched understanding that even harshness can inspire wonder.
Well, maybe I've just been in the sun so long down here that my head
is going dumb.
I am excited about life. I expect it has many treasures in store for
me, for us. Wake up people! Life is now.

0 comments:
Post a Comment