In light of the "boyfriend/girlfriend application" list that everyone
seems to have, I thought to myself: I might just be bored enough to
post something similar. When I got down to thinking about it though,
the exercise of writing what I want in a woman was a really great tool
for sharpening my definition of who that woman is going to be... and
by golly, I can't wait to meet her. So without further ado, here is
the Geoff Spencer Top 10 desirable traits in a girl: (but not in
any order)
1. Must be intelligent but very down to earth. Nothing bugs me more
than girls who not only lack common sense, but also couldn't think
their way out of a problem. I have identified that a lot of what bugs
me about people in general could be avoided by the combination of
intelligence, wisdom, and a little maturity. I don't care how hot she
might be, if she is the kind of girl that might end up on Jerry
Springer, I want nothing to do with her. Intelligence is important
and not really something I am willing to sacrifice on. I am not
asking for a genius, but nothing bothers me as much as poor
intelligence.
2. A girl whose commitment to honoring God is evident in every way
she thinks. Combining with my desire for a girl with wisdom, I want a
girl who knows what she believes, and acts on it. I couldn't stand
dating someone as lazy as me, and I think it would be great for me to
be encouraged to grow closer to God.
3. She must care about others, genuinely, more than herself. I am
not looking for an average girl, and I don't want to date someone so
self involved that she can't live her life for others. The greatest
service a person can do is to live their life in service of others....
which leads into the next point:
4. I want a thoughtful girl who is intentional. I want a girl who
will take initiative to bake cookies for the neighbors when she has
seen they are having a bad day. Maybe goes out of her way to show
god's love, but not in a self righteous way, but rather in a way that
shows a person that they are loved and valued. I think an intentional
girl may be one of the most important criterions I am looking for.
5. A girl who loves laughing. At me, at herself, and the world. I
don't want a girl who has trouble finding joy.
6. I want a girl who could be just as happy poor as rich. I do not
want a girlfriend who desires to have the latest and greatest of
everything, or bothers much about the way people might think of her if
she lived modestly. I think money spoils us and makes us into
monsters who forget that there is more to life than living in a
gigantic house and being able to afford fancy alcohols. If I do
become wealthy, I want a woman who would be just as happy giving it
all to a charity as using it to give to a church.
7. I need a girl who is stable and reliable. I know too many girls
that I think are absolutely crazy. My biggest fear is marrying a girl
who seems nice but turns out to be a total *choice explicative.* Some
girls can barely survive homework--not the ideal candidate for a woman
I'm looking to spend all the ups and downs of life with.
8. I need a girl who cares about her body, physical fitness, and
loves being outside-doing outdoor sports like hiking, etc. I really
enjoy girls who like getting dirty in mud because I like it when girls
don't worry about having to be someone else. Physical fitness is
important to me because I enjoy physical activities and I want a play
partner, not a bystander.
9. A girl who looks beautiful without makeup. Makeup just bugs me
because it's putting a mask on something real. I want real. I want
flesh. Some little things are totally fine, but girls who just cake
it on just don't really spike my interest.
10. I want a girl who is as crazy about adventure as me. I am
looking for that kindred spirit willing to set sail with me.
Not too shabby. If this makes me sound shallow... oh well. I fully
admit that all of these criterions are very important to me, and until
I find a girl like this, I'm gonna keep praying God will put her in my
life.
So if you know anybody like this... ;)

1 comments:
Stumbled upon your blog...I was beginning to lose hope that men existed with the faith in God you seem to have. Your blog is reassuring ...and I know a girl just like that! ;-)
Katie
Post a Comment