How can we live free in a world where death is the inevitable destiny
we all face? For the past year I have tried to live out a life where
freedom is the credo by which I shape my life, but every day I have to
relearn what that truly means. It all seems so pointless when a
friend passes, yet life carries on. What does this infer about living
a life of freedom? Am I free from sadness? By all means, no. But is
sadness not a force that binds us in so many ways?
For me, I try to take encouragement in the knowledge I have of the
truth that there is more than this world. Where "moth and rust do not
destroy." Someday there will be no more hurt, no more sadness, nor
death nor illness will be capable of causing the pain now felt. There
are times where I find myself angry amidst sadness, and I try my best
to reconcile freedom and joy with pain and hurt. The scriptures say
blessed are those who morn, so I doubt God wants to send us a muddied
and mixed message.
I'm reminded of the worship song many of us know:
I am pressed but not crushed, persecuted but not abandoned
struck down but not destroyed, I am blessed beyond this curse
for his promises I endure, his joys going to be my strength
I'm trading my sorrows, I'm trading my pain,
I am laying them down, for the joy of the Lord.
If there is anything I have learned, there is a time for everything.
There is a time for mourning and a time for joy. What a life of
freedom means to me is that I know the joy to come, and that sets me
free from letting my heart fill with darkness. So while my heart
mourns, it will not be overrun by these demons, but will instead by
filled with the joy of the Lord who gives me strength, and by his hand
-- one day -- there will be more sadness.
K, May your body rest in peace, but your soul dance in heaven forever.

0 comments:
Post a Comment