Thursday, May 22, 2008

IS PEACE POSSIBLE?

There are whispers of a hope that is yet to come. There are so many
people in this world who are poised and ready to secure the peace of
this world, and there are so many people passionate about making peace
a reality. If there is anything I know that is true though, peace is
not truly possible.

How can peace be possible in a world where even the those who seek
peace can't be peaceful? I just watched a video of cambodian buddhist
monks marching on their government's capital to peacefully protest
their treatment, but then got involved in a scuffle with a rival monk
sect. What is this world coming to when buddhist monks can't even be
peaceful?

This is not the only example of this great irony. Consider those who
protested the Iraq war and were arrested. They were not arrested
because they were protesting, but because they were being too violent.

This is a world full of stupid people. We live in a world of eco-
terrorists who burn down houses in Oregon (without realizing that they
are polluting the air). How can people be so foolish? Also, consider
those middle-school girls in florida who kidnapped a classmate and
beat her within an inch of her life, and then posted the video of it
on youtube. How stupid can you get? --And while I ask, I know the
answer is "a lot."

I would love peace, if only it were possible. It is an unrealistic
dream because we live in a world full of HUMANS. As long as we humans
are around, there will never be true and worldwide peace. If monks
can't even get along, can anyone?

0 comments: