Saturday, July 28, 2007

WE WERE MEANT FOR AMAZING THINGS

As I sit here on my couch enveloped in music that excites the spirit of optimism that dwells in the innermost core of my soul I find myself engaging in the activity that my heart most often relies upon to get me through the turbulance of life's most daunting tribulations: dreaming--for this act of imagination is paramount to my survival, and for me is tantamount to oxygen. My dreams take me on great adventures through the wildest of what this world has to offer, and as my hope sparks these visions alive with that optomism of which I so often rely upon I realize that we were meant for amazing things... things greater and grander than we realize this life can provide.

There is so much beauty in this world.

In everything.

There is so much beauty in this world just waiting to be discovered. Behind every crack and crinkle of this earth there lies something so beautiful with the power and priviledge to change our lives. There is beauty in every breath we take, in every life that is lived, in everything purposeful and everything purposeless, in the meaningful and the mundane. This life is but a stretch of our infant arms as we prepare ourselves for an eternity bathed in the glorious graces of God's grandest and greatest goal for our lives: to live in glory with him.

How blessed are we? To be given such a gift as our very next breath we take is an amazing and merciful gesture from a saviour who's love is unbound to definition and description. Every second is a pleassure, every moment we forget our mortality is a moment lost to purposeless end. Yet in the midst of such dreary words the blinds over our eyes are removed and the truth is revealed: we are meant for amazing things, and we are living amazingly.

I am not advocating the glorification of humanity or our existance, but instead I boast that God has created us for amazing things... and how foolish of us to think that our lives are pointless, purposeless, and worthless. How incredibly foolish of us to forget that God created us with love and attention.

But again... what beauty. I cannot get over the fact that we live such amazing and beautiful lives, and it puts into perspective another important truth. To whom much is given, much is expected. There is a world of hurting people out there, people who want to open their eyes (note: not people who want to have them pulled open). God wants us to take care of our fellow man.

Hope all this hasn't been too random, I just wanted to share my thoughts and love!

0 comments: