Out of all the things in this world that I hate, the one kind of people that I hate the most are thieves. I don't know what it is but something about people that steal make me want to kick some ass. I know that isn't a very christian thing to say, but I don't care.
If you have ever had anything stolen you know how I feel. This week my cell phone, wallet, and backpack were stolen by two muthafuckin mexican cheap ass basterds, one of which only had one hand. I would love to blame it on the fact that I live in Azusa, where 50% of the population is mexican because nothing like this has ever happened to me before in newport or laguna, but I realize that blaming my woes on a particular race is not only wrong but unhelpful. At the same time though, I know for certain they were mexican, my brother saw them.
Its is going to cost me so much money to replace everything that has been stolen from me. I keep cringing as I think about it. I wish people would realize that when they steal things they are making life so hard for other people who have to deal with the fallout of what has happened. If I ever find that one-armed f'er who stole my crap, forgiveness will be the last thing on my mind--but that is so wrong. I know God calls us to forgive, but it is so tough. I have to keep myself in check constantly, and right now as I type this I realize what a fool I've been for not having forgiveness. I set out to type my thoughts about the crime of stealing, but now I find myself lead to write about the crime of lacking forgiveness.
If I sit here and wallow in my pain and hardship, they win. It sucks, but it's true. I have to forgive these people even though they deserve nothing from me. What a perfect picture of Christ's forgiveness. We all commit crimes and sins that hurt our creator, and yet he still forgives us.
Now, I take responsibility for my own self and choose to dwell in the spirit of forgiveness rather than be torchered by the pain of bondage to anger.
If I can make one final comment on thievery: I think the most important problem our country faces from being the greatest in the world is the education of its citizens. We need to educate people... so many things come with education, and I think we need to start caring more about people, and that starts with opening minds.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
ENOUGH
Posted by Geoff Spencer at 7:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment