Summer is here. I am so excited for summer to finally arrive for me. For those of you who truly know me, you know that for me Summer is not so much a period of sunny days and relaxation, but rather a much more meaningful experience that is more metaphorical and dramatic than a simply vacation from school.
To me, the summer is a celebration of life. A celebration of friendship. To sum everything together, to me: summer is a celebration of community that strives towards the actualization of our mortality and of our immanent life in Christ.
Summer, that celebration of our youth, has started.
I spent yesterday night in Hollywood on Sunset Blvd beneath the Hollywood sign as my roommate Kellen played guitar at Rainbow Bar and Grille (fortunately not a gay club as I had worried when I first heard of it), a sweet little venue next to the Roxy. As he played guitar and all our friends were gathered around I couldn’t help but feel alive in that moment. How fortunate we all are to have life abundant, life that is powerful and wonderfully strong. I love my friends, I love community, and I celebrate life in Christ. When we are aware of our mortality and the gift of eternal life that Christ offers us, our lives take on a sweeter taste. We live better--with more courage and boldness to be alive than ever before.
And the only word that can cross my mind is the hebrew word that means ‘God be praised.’
Hallelujah.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
HALLELUJAH
Posted by Geoff Spencer at 11:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment