Thursday, June 7, 2007

2007: THE SUMMER OF __________

What will this summer be? What will be the driving theme of this summer? What will be the ultimate goal of my life and how will that be reflected in how I spend this summer.

This summer will be about freedom, friendship, growing and learning, maturing, and getting spiritual. I am so excited because I know that God has given me this great opportunity, this wonderful blessing, this exciting chance to live in freedom and to experience something completely and wonderfully new. I am excited for the challenge because I firmly believe that we were all made for amazing things.

Carpe Diem: the motto of my life. I am so excited to have my whole life ahead of me, but what excites me the most is knowing that I am alive here and now and therefore I constantly must choose to live my life in a way that is worthy of glorifying the sacrifices that Jesus made for me on the cross.

I know I must seize the day. I know that this summer will be such a time of growth for me. I am so excited about it. What will it hold for me though? What new and driving force will guide me this summer? Last year I thought my summer was about finding love, but what more now can this summer hold?--Perhaps a combination of wonderful treasures that will be revealed to me when the time is right. Praise God for everything he has done and will do for me. Thank you God for the summer of 2007: the summer of (God, fill in the blank!).

I am so excited.

0 comments: